Sunday, August 10, 2014

Buttermilk Biscuits II



 Another attempt at biscuits yesterday. The recipe I used is here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/better-buttermilk-biscuits-recipe.html.


After mixing together the ingredients, I rolled the dough out and folded it over four times. Finally, I rolled it out to 3/4" thick.
Then I cut the biscuits out using the 3.75" cutter. That made five normal biscuits and one gimpy one.


















Then I buttered the tops and into a 400 degree oven for 14 minutes. I turned them after 7 minutes, hoping that would brown the tops...











...except that the biscuits didn't brown properly.

But all in all, I was pretty happy with the biscuits. They were delicious, much better than previous attempts -- very dense but a bit crumbly.

Next time, maybe try 3/4 cup of buttermilk, instead of 1/2 cup or a little butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment